Monday, April 13, 2009

Toast Poll Wrap-Up

Well, toast is everyone's favorite food even if they don't know it. Because it's highly versatile and it's a great excuse to eat anything you want on it. People might not otherwise condone eating, for example, massive amounts of butter for one, but also preserves. Somehow it's a breakfast food when you mix a ton of sugar in with fruit and put it on toast, though any other means of eating it and you pretty much have a dessert.

Anyway, the results of the poll show that avocado was the most popular, followed closely by cheese and the cinnamon/sugar combo. I was surprised by the avocado, not because of the flavor (its utterly buttery deliciousness rules) but because I didn't know it was such a staple. This is something that I only began doing last year because I saw Sam do it. But I feel great knowing that there are alternative toast toppers out there. As a side note, I recently ate some brown rice with avocado mixed in with a bit-o Nancy's cottage cheese (which if you haven't had it, has live cultures and lends a yogurty tang) and the combo was satisfying in both flavor and texture.

In closing, I was only slightly disappointed that cheese toast came in second. I eat one nearly everyday. There is the hearty white cheddar on wheat or the more luxurious toasted brie on sourdough. Clearly, cheese toast is not for everyone and is hardly the epitome of a healthy breakfast. But thanks everyone for participating in a poll on one of my favorite breakfast items.

For your enjoyment:

No comments:

Post a Comment