Tuesday, April 14, 2009

At the Desk of the Career Counselor

Many of us have had a hard time finding a job recently and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wondered if now is the time to go back to school. While I was researching cosmetology schools in Virginia yesterday (for my web writing job) I came across this blurb on the home page of a cosmetology school website. It occurred to me that my life could be much, much worse, but that perhaps it could also be greatly improved with a cosmetology degree. In Virginia.

Fantastic Sam’s,Manassas, VA -
“Before I started at Heritage, I had never completed anything in my life. I dropped out of high school and married a man who abused me and left me with nothing. I was hospitalized with severe depression. With the encouragement of the teachers and staff at Heritage, I was able to stay the course and graduate. Now I have a rewarding career working with a wonderful group of supportive people.”

Wendi Hull
Heritage Cosmetology Graduate

No comments:

Post a Comment