Saturday, October 1, 2011

Prof Magma No More

I am not Professor Magma anymore. I teach intro to fiction for undergrads: real things to real people. It has been 1 week. So far so good, but it's probably because my students are very agreeable. It also consumes me so that I'm fairly anxious most of the time, usually feel behind on things and am trying to think of improvements and activities when I should perhaps be sleeping.

On the other hand, there are some undeniable positives. It does mean that I have a cubicle for the first time since I was an intern at YBCA in 2004, which is probably a good development for my life. It also means I get to decorate it! I'll have to put up a photo soon. I was gifted a very lovely Katy Perry poster that is even faux-signed, super exciting, that I'm debating whether or not will totally obliterate whatever sense of seriousness I have fooled my students into thinking I have. And the other night, when I stepped out of said office to teach, I encountered a beautiful smoggy sunset:

No comments:

Post a Comment