Saturday, October 1, 2011

Just A Regular Riverside Saturday


This morning I decided to walk to the farmers' market and buy some nectarines. I mostly wanted a reason to listen to the new Rihanna song on repeat, but this worked for that. Anyway, I got the nectarines and also these nice flowers for myself (I'm still dating myself, btw). But the best part was that I was pleasantly surprised to run into a taiko performance in the middle of the street, paired with some kind of street fair with booths featuring craft projects attached to different countries, and then the topper: as I walked through the pedestrian fountain walk area, there was a middle school aged kid set up on the side with a boombox and a sax, playing the James Bond theme song. Not well. But proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment