Monday, December 20, 2010

Espresso Making

Ever since living in Portland, I've grown to like good coffee quite a bit. However, I don't know anything about coffee and it's one of those things that people assume I know things about. Kind of like bikes. Only I know even less about bikes because at least with coffee I know what tastes good to me.

Anyway Amanda, fresh from her trip to Italy, though that probably has nothing to do with it, was making me some kick ass redeyes in Chiacgo and she showed me how those polygonal espresso makers work. She also explained to me that a macchiato is espresso with milk in it; it means "stained" in Italian, the milk staining the coffee. This was all previously a giant mystery to me.

1 comment:

  1. this is a fantastic post! Will you do a post about your nespresso machine now?

    ReplyDelete