Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dinner Party

Sophie informed me on Sunday evening that we were having company over for dinner on Monday. Truth be told, I was a little knackered from my recent trip to Oberlin to visit my sister for her 21st birthday. But she had prepared the soup and brownies the day prior and it took little effort for me to prepare some broccoli au gratin and some salad materials. I found the dinner quite enjoyable. Paige and Meg brought over three large boxes of kitchen supplies that they no longer need and now I am in the position to cook all of the things that I never before imagined for my semi-adult life. Amy also brought some lovely Argentinian Malbec with a pretty label and I had picked out a Columbia Crest that did well for our dinner. But the real crown on the dinner was the Maker's Mark that sealed the deal and led to some episodes as this:















Amy does a little Magic Eye on the pillow and Sophie sings...

1 comment:

  1. Nice incorporation of the word "knackered."

    ReplyDelete